Friday, January 13, 2012

The Time War (non-tech post)

This is to warn anyone that I will be forced to use possibly unreliable fan sources for information on this paper. Considering the topic I have chosen is completely from fiction, this is why I will have to rely on the fan base for any and all information that will be within.

I have chosen the Time War, as a topic. However, if the information is not available or has never been available I will be forced to change my topic to something more in the realm of possibility.

One of the thought causes of the Time War, was when the fourth Doctor was sent back through time by the Time Lord Ferain in order to alter the Daleks or destroy them completely.

The main after affect was the total annihilation of many worlds and species along with almost all of the time lords and Daleks that the world would ever see, except for a few survivors that is. With these survivors, you see what the Doctor Who series has today. Only two Time Lords, a handful of Daleks, and scarcely any other species that were destroyed by the moment.

All I could find is what happened before and after the time war, all of the rest of the information was either implied or simply not there. Most of the time war is terribly unclear, only glimpses of what has happened are shown to the viewer, reader, or listener. Why this is, I do not know. I only wish the writers would find some way to explore this rather large plot device we have not been allowed to see. It’s almost as if the time war is hidden behind a “Do Not Enter!” sign that will not be lifted any time soon.

But anyway this is a short piece I decided to do, not knowing what I would find. Since I could not find most of the required information I have decided to keep this topic up to the future writers of the series, and hope that it was not lost with the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment