Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New direction

So, I've decided to make this more of a tech/nerd blog. It was pretty much already there but I figured I'd make it official with this post. That and I will be reviewing what little of Young Justice I actually have seen. I will start by saying there may be anime, comic book, doctor who, and game posts. I am aware at least one of each of these has already shown up at one time or another but if anyone reads this, expect more of that and less of me trying to feel like I am smart by calling this blog a tech blog.

Moving on to Young Justice, I have watched the first two episodes and a few much further down the line and I have to say I am impressed. It might not take much to impress me but I like the whole idea of all of the super heroes coming under one roof. It usually makes for more epic battles with larger, more dangerous baddies. The first two episodes, as one would expect, is an introduction to the general story line and shows you what you can expect from the series. After watching the first two all I could think was the ideas of Teen Titans paired with the animation and story telling of Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited. Myself, I am a fan of both of those series and naturally became a fan of this one, my only complaint being that there are not enough episodes on demand and the show airs something like once a week between 8am and 9am. I really feel like Cartoon Network did not fill their claim of having DC programming as much as they advertised, as far as I know they only grabbed two shows and they are almost never on. Green Lantern was brought up thanks to the movie that came out, the series itself is okay but I would have preferred something more two dimensional I guess, more like a comic book animation style. The fact of the matter is I was thinking Cartoon Network might start going the way of the teen crowd who still liked watching cartoons, like Toonami used to be. My dreams were crushed when DC Nation started and shortly after everyone short of the very early morning shift workers were awake.

If you manage to actually catch Green Lantern or Young Justice while they are on, I would suggest giving only Young Justice a try. There was a love story near the beginning of Green Lantern that the writers seemed to be avoiding like the plague since the main character went into space to see what was destroying the exploratory Green Lanterns. Young Justice seems like it might be better written, and hopefully will be getting a better time slot so more people can watch. Until next time this was your geeky friend living on the internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment