Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chronicle: Over thought, or under appreciated?

So, the most recent movie I went to see was Chronicle. I was honestly really excited about it finally coming out, considering I first heard about it one to three months before it was in theaters. Point being it was much better than I had originally thought it would be, keep in mind I try to keep my expectations low when I walk into a theater. Point being the camera work was good, the story was okay and seemed more believable than other movies I have gone to see. If you haven't read a small description of Chronicle, its a movie about three friends who find something strange in a sinkhole/cave and decide to investigate. It is very unclear at what happened next but whatever happened gave these boys telekinetic power. There was only one problem... One of the boys was disturbed from living in an abusive household and started to use his powers whenever he wanted, breaking the rules that the boys had set up to protect others. The rest Ill leave up to you if you want to see, but as for me the movie gave life to the villain, and made the possibility of something similar to it happening believable. I would have to give this movie a 4/5 for uniqueness and emotion. I definitely recommend it to anyone who like a little non-romantic drama with their action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment